The Account Director is responsible for managing digital teams and driving multi-channel strategies to acquire, cultivate, retain and upgrade online donors across multiple nonprofit clients. The ideal candidate must be a strategic thinker and natural leader, able to work in fast-paced, creative environment with ever-shifting schedules and priorities.
The major areas of expertise include:
- Digital marketing experience for a nonprofit is a plus.
- Specialized knowledge of at least two of the following is required: email campaigns, advocacy, social networking, mobile marketing, search engine marketing, banner advertising, peer-to-peer fundraising, or other digital acquisition channels.
- Understanding of digital direct response and nonprofit industry fundraising best practices.
- Strong communications skills and demonstrated ability to work as a team lead.
- Solid instincts for what makes compelling creative that will elicit an action.
- Commitment to high quality client service.
- Comfort working with data and using past results to drive future strategy.
- Ability to handle multiple complex projects; a resourceful self-starter who can take initiative and follow through on projects.
- Ability to adapt to frequent change and prioritize constantly shifting opportunities.
- Oversee strategy for multiple non-profit digital and cross-channel fundraising programs.
- Oversee client teams to ensure final campaigns incorporate proper strategy and deploy on time and on budget.
- Oversee and advise on strategies for segmented messaging and testing targeted towards lapsed reactivation and donor retention and engagement.
- Review creative and copy assets cross-client and fundraising channel to ensure proper strategy implementation and best practices.
- Use Google Analytics and conversion data to outline processes for optimizing donor conversion on webpages, emails, landing pages, etc.
- Analyze and understand successes and shortcomings of various client programs and provide strategic direction for program improvement.
- Present program analysis and strategic recommendations to senior BCFG staff and client contacts.
- Maintain and grow positive relationships with senior staff at client organizations.
- Knowledge share with colleagues in the industry to ensure BCFG clients stay on the cutting edge of direct response nonprofit fundraising.
- Support new business process and initiatives when needed.
- Assist Vice President, Digital Services with all department needs as assigned.
- Leadership ability.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Friendly, customer-service oriented attitude.
- Comfort with mentoring junior staff and managing teams.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational/project management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
Education and Experience
- Five to seven years of progressively responsible digital marketing experience for a nonprofit. Fundraising experience strongly preferred.
- Two or more years of management experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Degree in Marketing or Communications especially useful, but not required.
- Experience with eCRM platforms such as Blackbaud Convio/Luminate Online, Salsa, Classy, Engaging Networks required. Knowledge of CMS and web editing software a plus. Working knowledge of HTML and CSS a plus.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting on campaign results and testing data.
- Hands-on experience with Google Analytics and/or Google Ads required; current certification a plus.
- Proven track record of successful client management required.
- Agency or client service experience is strongly preferred.